Sunday, April 8, 2012

Behind the scenes of Laura Michelle's "Chuck Norris" Music Video

One bright day while watching Pride and Prejudice and Atonement between commercials I broke my Keira Knightly fest with a texty from my bestie and co makeup artist Nicole Burg.  She had been asked to be the key makeup artist on the set of Laura Michelle's video "Chuck Norris" and asked if I'd like to come down and help. Being that I was visiting my mother's house in my old neighborhood of Northridge, and just blocks away, I decided to head over.

  The shoot was being held at Skateland! Ahh I remember my first time there back in 1984. I always hear Uh-Huh's "Take On Me" when I walk through those doors. How many skate nights and birthday parties have I attended at Skateland? Million and 6. So, I came in and immediately met Laura, her lovely mom Theresa and their craft services!

This is Kurt, he was the producer and trend setter of the crew as you can see. Across from him was Kyle who was the fastest thing on wheels since they started putting fast things on wheels.  It's always a little nerve wracking coming onto a set but when people are dressed like this, you know you're in for a good time.

Not to be left out, this leggy dream boat was Max. Max and Kurt are two filming buddies fron Connecticut. They come out every now and again to create music videos for artists like Laura.  

Then after so much begging and pleading I reluctantly jumped into a pair of skates to be in the video look ant how shy I  am. I didn't fall but unfortunately not everyone went away unscathed :(

Nic asked me back for the second day of the shoot. I can't show you too much of the shoot because it's a surprise! Here's a few of Nicole running around between takes with our set being Hollywood boulevard. At first we balked because we as locals never go there. "Why do people want to come here?" Then we turned it into a "can't beat em join em thang"




Ok ok back to work and off to the third leg of the shoot in Santa Monica.....Again those will be posted after the video debuts but here's one of DP Michael Bolton putting on two different colored sock! Now I've seen everything!
After filming that scene Laura graciously took a few of the crew for a lovely Italian dinner. I secretly really do love the west side!
We heading back to West Hollywood for the final scene on the night, back in costume Max!!



Eric over hear can play you any song on the piano so we jammed out before the start of the last scene. Props to the whole crew for an awesome job!



No comments:

Post a Comment